Catching ZZZs


Catching Z's in the lunchtime hour
With the kiddies and the street performers playing
With the workin people having lunch
and the warm sun ablazin

With the college kiddos taking orders
the street drummer keeps a thumpin
and the sun rolls gently beneathe the clouds
and I start dreamin somethin

I dream of marchin in the band with tamborine 
and big drums poundin
and I remember thinking I was back at work
with somethin loud resoundin

And I closed my eyes again for awhile
it was half past 12
only to be awakened by (I think a horn)
as far as I could tell

I sat up in my car at last
for this goal to sleep seemed fruitless
And I went right back to work again
My nightshift as a waitress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days