Hit Me

So you hit me
Got me with your deep set of blue eyes here.
You hit me 
Hit me with the sweet words you spoke 
When you wiped away my tears

And you hit me with a warm I love you 
while watching for falling  stars that night
But I want to run away from you because you're amazing....
and you hold me gently through the night! 

And I know that's twisted.
It's messed up and no one understands
In the past I've been chewed up and spit out
And left without any helping hands

Before you
I was ripped up and thrown out and left
To stand my ground
And I've learned to trust myself alone
While on the battleground...

And there's not one nice thing
That anyone's really left me
So when you came into my life 
It was like you hit me!  

And you hit me with a kind hello
The minute I broke you're heart
And you said you'd always love me
Though I tore your world apart.

And when you called again and again
You said you'd still want us to be
And I hung up the phone 
And felt something bad in the pit of my belly.

Because you said to me this year had been
The worst year of your life
And it hit me,  that I caused you 
So much pain and strife.

You hit me with a warm I love you
While watching for falling  stars that night
But I want to run away from you
Because you're too sweet....and you hold me gently through the night! 

And I know that's twisted.
It's messed up , but I'm a messed up girl 
I only know the pain, and you don't fit that mold.  I love you so.  

It's just so twisted!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days