This Side of the Glass

I'm sitting on the outside looking in
Wondering where I belong? 
On this side of the glass 
The day seems so lonely. 

People are talking
Caught up in the dirt
Why do I always feel
Caught up in it?  It hurts ..... 

I try to think of what all of the reasons could be
Why there was a missed invitation
Was it just because,  of me? 

I'm no longer the life of the party
I'm not the loudest in the room
But I can hear my own voice whisper
my name..... and I have that to hold onto. 

But I love to love, I live to laugh
Sometimes it's all too much to take in
And tonight 
I'll pick myself up again.

I'll promise myself, I'm fine just how I am...
I'll thank God for all I am. 
And I'll try and see the beauty... 
I'll try to find the beauty.




By Jeanne Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Should I Believe What You Say?