I'm So Sorry..

I was so saddened to hear about his death.  He was such a kind and considerate man.  I read the newspaper and learned my ex-boyfriend's father, had suddenly passed away.  He was such a good man.  He was someone that I looked up to, and I knew I could always count on...  He once helped his son fix my car in sub-zero degree weather.  They worked on it for hours that night..... He was an upstanding citizen that spent much of his life doing public service. (He was a Highway Patrolman.).  He will be missed.  My heart goes out to my long time ex, and the rest of his family...and I'll be thinking about and praying for them as they go through this great loss.



I think I saw the tears in your eyes,
And I'm so sorry, 
I think I saw the tears in your eyes
And I'm really so sorry.

How do you tell someone this
After so many years have past?  
How do you say your sorry
When only memories last?

When we cut off ties
When our ten years were over
How do you say your sorry for their loss, 
Without crossing over each other's borders?

When I once loved you, 
And you left to go back home
And I pled and begged
And I felt so all alone.

And when you flew me back
To spend time with your family there
And I wouldn't listen to your reasons
Because I hated it there....

And the day I left you, 
I knew it was the last time I'd see your face
And I was finally over trying
And I knew in time it would all be erased.

You were very close to him, 
As every father and son should be....
And he was always so proud of you
And the man you came to be.

And now your father's gone
And I know how much to you, he meant
And I see the years back home with him, 
Were really years well spent.

I forgave you long ago for moving closer
When we tried so hard to make it last
When we said our last goodbyes
And it left us both outcasts

I don't know how to tell you- 
Especially since we're now so far away.
Speaking could be so awkward- 
What could I possibly say?  

But I am so sorry for your loss
I would do anything to take your hurt away
I'll be thinking of you and your family
And again, I'm sorry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days