I Have a Folder of Your Meds at Home....

I have a folder of your meds at home
I saw you lay there helpless
Alone and so forlorn.

I struggled to hold back the tears as I cried
And I tried.
I tried.

And your heart started beating
Despite what they said
And God answered all the prayers
That all of us had said.

I grabbed your hand and I tried to hold on
As they wheeled you back downstairs.
Again.

And even though I'm older,
I'm still needing you so
Your still my daddy and
I don't want you to go.

Wrapped up for ages just wanting your 'go ahead'
Only hearing what I should've done instead.....

Yeah we have our history---
Of fighting
Yes we did fight.
But Dad,  I need you so tonight.

You've got to pull through this......
We've got to get through this
I've felt so all alone
And there's so much I would miss.

You thought you had lost me
all those years ago
You never gave up
Trying so-----...

And I got your hand in mine tonight
And I have God and the saints
There too.
All the prayers in heaven..
And I don't know what to do.

But a girl still needs her Daddy
I think you still need me
And yes there is a heaven
Please come back to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days