Passerby

I know you don't mind
Telling people good- bye.  
I think you leave often
become a mere passerby. 

You'd rather leave someone
Before she leaves you, 
You make up your mind
Long before she'd do.  

You cast her aside
You give her away,
And somehow you think it's 
better this way?

I fell for it too
Over all others objections...
I thought you loved me - 
It was just your fleeting emotion...

I looked to your messages
big and small,
I gave you so much
And you asked for it all.

And then you left
without a sign of sadness or tear...
And I longed for a note,
Or some news to hear.

And silence fell
on anxious email glances
And nothing was heard of---
All sunken chances.

And if you can't be a man
Be a mere boy
Don't play with my heart
I'm not a toy. 

Don't send empty promises
Out to the world 
Don't talk of love if 
She's not the right girl.

Don't send your kisses 
To any lover at night
If your hearts not in it
Don't be that guy....

Be a kind, gentle
strong, stand up man
I know you were once, 
I know that you can.

If you love her
Don't merely just walk away, 
Show her 
That you're more than you say.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days