Rebuilding This House

We let our house break
Only to resurrect it again
We rebuilt the walls that were caught in the fire~
Destroyed by the wrath of sin.

The house is charred and tattered
But our lives go on
We try to put the hard times behind us
But the fire left us vagabonds.

They tell us to protect our home
By building the bond from within.
To do so- we must understand more-
Stop pointing fingers, and learn to begin again. 

We have to give the other,
The benefit of the doubt,
To never go beyond not talking~
We must try to work it out.  

To build a stronger house
We must keep other troubles at bay...
We must cherish each other and 
Be the best of friends, each day.

I know I hurt you
When I got involved with him..
It was never my intention ~
It's something I'd rescind.

To hurt you- was the last thing I wanted 
The last thing I wanted to do...
But my sorrys' don't  count for much now
They're all so overdue.  

But I want you to know 
Is something without a doubt...
Is that I love you to the moon and back,
And if you let me, we'll work it out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Should I Believe What You Say?