Savior and Angel

I'm both your savior and your scapegoat
I've never uttered the exact names,
I've never known the correct words,
Not until today.

You've doled out punishment
and expectation,
Waiting for me to comply
I did what was expected,
Your plans worked every time.

But you've always talked shit, and blamed me,
For things when I was not around,
I could never defend myself....
I made not even a sound.

I always wondered,
Why people never knew what to believe.....
Because I'm your whipping boy and your angel,
It's too much for them to conceive.

You guilt me into thinking,
I owe you so much more,
You say you'd give your life for me....and
I've always taken that to heart.....

But when it's  my turn to sparkle
When its my turn to shine,
You make it all about you-
---Every time.

You created me to deliver,
Yes- I can get the job done.
You take advantage of my sweetness...
And you've kept me secluded and alone.

But now I'm ready to sparkle....
It's time for me to move on....
I've got to save myself....
And fly on, just fly on.

And yes, I know I'm your daughter
It's true, I'm not the only one.
You'll still have the good one left.....
When I'm finally gone.

And I will be my savior....
I will choose to save me.
I will break myself from these molds
And finally be free.....

And I won't look back
to make sure karma finds it's way around again.
.... for I know if I do,
I'll only be enticed again.

Because I'm just learning...
weak & afraid...  I'm still growing.
I need to be patient, with myself,
But I know that I am glowing.

I'm no longer afraid
I'm not longer afraid of you...........
I've taken all the punishments-  and
I've come through....

It's over now....
It's time for my release
Maybe you'll die with disillusionment...
But it's time for my peace.

And I wish you would've let me know
Years ago,
That it didn't have to be this way-
But this is how it is....
There's nothing left to say............



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Should I Believe What You Say?