You Were My Girls

Everyone's got to have their rock
She was that someone for me
She loved to spend her time sitting
Shootin the breeze
And always listening


She would tell us that we were her girls
She always felt that way
She would make the time
No matter what
And chuckle as she'd say:


You were your mom's,
And you were my girls too-
I've always felt that way!
I've always  felt that way.


She lost her mom age eighteen
Her dad died at twenty eight-
She lived a life of real hard times
But it never controlled her fate!


She would make the sweetest things
In her special kitchen there
Wanting to talk and share the small stuff
With always such love and care


And when times would get to be trying
As they oftentimes could be
She would raise her eyebrows and laugh
Always looking for the good and the funny!


And oh, I loved her so
This sweet sweet grandmother of mine
And I will always cherish time spent with her
The days were warm n sunny and fine.


She would tell us that we were her girls
She always felt that way,
She would take the time- no matter what and chuckle when
she'd say:


You were your mom's
But you were my girls
And I always felt that way.
I always felt that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days