Daddy Issues

I'm a girl with daddy issues
I won't let it bring me down.
Thinking if I please him
He'll decide to keep coming round.

He always says I could do better
Never had a good, kind word to say
I can't keep livin
(With his put downs-)
For he's tearing my beauty away.

I longed for him when I was younger
I failed to secure any of his revere;
Now I'm dating some men,
Just tryin to fit in-
And I keep wondering what's brought me here.

Sometimes when I least expect it,
an unkind word they'll say-
And for some reason I think I deserve it-
For causing them some sort of dismay.

Daddy, daddy- Please don't treat me
Not like your other hoes
Daddy, daddy please show me-
That I'm worth more than all of those.

What I have to remember:
My Daddy never would say,
Never could say: soft, sweet things to me...
My daddy-  My dad could never love nobody- -

My daddy's dad's-
treated him the same,
My daddy- Never learned the lesson,
he succumbed and never overcame.

What I have to remember:
I'm a strong, smart girl-
Never alone,
I'm among family and friends
Who've become my backbone.


I'm a girl with daddy issues, 
I won't let it bring me down.
This girl's going to change things, 
The next time this comes around.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days