Don't Tell Me You're Leaving

Please leave my heart how you found it.
Unbroken and so true
Don't tell me about all the things 
that you're wanting to do

Don't pretend it's not over
I don't want to know
Just take your things with you
As you quietly go.

Don't try to console me
I'm better here alone
There's nothing that can be said
That hasn't already been shown.

Please don't look for me to tell me- 
Just let yourself out.
My life will go on, (as it did 
before) you came about. 

And if you truly care about me.
You'll leave me in this way
Let's not f--- it up any more
By bad things we might say.

Let's part as equals
Possibly friends, And
I'll think about you sometime
When the time lends.

I love the fact you loved me
I love the fact I loved you.
Please don't ever doubt it
Because our love was true.

And the fact that I don't 
want to know...
Is clear enough to me
I'd rather live oblivious
Than to know it will never be.

So don't tell me that you're leaving
I don't want to know- 
Just leave me quietly here
The sun will rise tomorrow.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days