You're asking me


You're asking me
You're asking me to tell you to move on
That I'm happy where I am
And with whom I belong.

You're asking me to tell you that I'll be alright
That I'll be the distant memory 
On the darkest night.

And I know just what you say 
Is so right
But it's hard when my 
Heart refuses to see the light

And I know just what you're saying
Rings so true
Yet it's hard to get my emotions round getting over you.

And I want to be the girl
That is so proper and perfect
And I want to be the girl, 
The one you'll never forget, the one you'll always respect.

So you're asking me
to tell you to move on
That life as we know it 
Will go on. 
And yes-  Life will go on, and on

So if you want me to tell you
To move on, that I'll be alright
To give you back your heart
In exchange for what is right.  

That's what I'll do- 
I'll tell you ....(goodbye)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days