I Caught Them Staring

I caught him staring at me today
While I worked busily
As he tried to quickly look away-
He was wondering what his brother saw in me.

I caught him starting at me today
With his eyebrows raised
Beneathe his silver rimmed glasses
Wondering what his son saw in me last summer.

I caught her staring at me today
With just a moments glimpse
Knowing I would never measure up
To what her son deserved.

I caught her staring at me today
With nothing but an eyeful
Wondering what her brother saw
And wondering if it would last.

I caught him staring at me today
My eyes questioned the reason of his glance
And suddenly I knew, he wasn't looking at me-
He was noticing the lash upon my cheek-
As he quickly brushed it away.

I noticed him watch me with his grandma-
And as I hung out with his friends,
And I knew- what they thought of me didn't matter...
And it probably never did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Change by Changing Face

It Wasn't S'posed To

Only Peaceful Days